Lydia Makin received her BA in Fine Art at The Slade School of Fine Art, UCL in 2020 and is currently based in London. Recent selected exhibitions include, Hix Award, Coutts Bank, London (2019), Drawn Together, Unit London, Online (2020) and Circa, Piccadilly Lights, London (2021). In 2020 she was awarded The Slade Prize and the UCL East Provost Art Prize.
- 2017 ‘Bloom,’ The Copeland Gallery, London
- 2017 ‘Ollio,’ The Crypt Gallery St Pancreas, London
- 2018 ‘Bridge,’ IZO Art Gallery, Moscow
- 2018 ‘Plus One,’ APT Gallery, London
- 2018 ‘The Hix Award,’ Hix Art Gallery
- 2018 ‘Stars On Canvas,’ Piccadilly
- 2018 ‘Gift’ APT Gallery, London
- 2019 Coutts Bank, (Hix Award) London
- 2020 ‘Drawn Together,’ Unit London,
- online Exhibition
- 2020 'Circa' Piccadilly Lights, W1 London
- 2021 'Slade Summer Show,' London
The Reality In Whytch You CreateSHOLTO BLISSETT, LYDIA MAKIN, ALFIE ROUY, ANNA WOODWARD, SALOMÉ WU 14 Jan - 17 Feb 2022STUDIO WEST presents its inaugural group show, The Reality in Whytch You Create, bringing together new works by a selection of London’s most exciting emerging artists. The exhibition explores reality in an expanded sense, drawing on dreams, subconscious experience, and myths. The artists separately create surreal depictions of space, unusual...
Q & A, hosted by Hector Campbell4 Feb 2022Q&A with the Artists Friday 4th February, 6:30pm Please join us for a Q&A with SHOLTO BLISSETT, LYDIA MAKIN, ALFIE ROUY, ANNA WOODWARD & SALOMÉ...
PRIVATE VIEW: THE REALITY IN WHYTCH YOU CREATE14 Jan 2022Please join us between 3 and 7pm on the 14th of January to celebrate STUDIO WEST's inaugural group show, The Reality in Whytch You Create...