Anna Woodward’s practice investigates utopian and dystopian states in relation to how the natural world is undergoing a period of change and destruction. Woodward’s creates post-human environments where ambiguous plants and insects have been left to grow free and exist beyond human intervention. Classical depictions of flora and fauna influence her practice and technique, reminiscent of works by Hieronymus Bosch, the 16th century Dutch painter.
- I’ll Be Your Mirror, Boisdale of Bishopsgate curated by Mark Connolly, (2022)
- With Love, II, online exhibition by Paint Talk, curated by Mark Connoly, (2021)
- Into the Cosmere, 188 Shoreditch High Street by Jack Trodd (2021
- Reframing, Rebuilding at Sevenoaks Kaleiodscope (2021)
- Euphoric, Online group show by Josephine Bailey (2021)
- City and Guilds Of London Art School 2020 Graduates Exhibition at The Oxo Tower Barge House (2021)
- Domesticity and The Feminine, curated by Josephine Bailey (2021)
- Life on Venus, Landscape, Organic, Human, curated by Tub Hackney x The Auction Collective
- Purslane online exhibition, curated by Charley Siddick (2020)
The Reality In Whytch You CreateSHOLTO BLISSETT, LYDIA MAKIN, ALFIE ROUY, ANNA WOODWARD, SALOMÉ WU 14 Jan - 17 Feb 2022STUDIO WEST presents its inaugural group show, The Reality in Whytch You Create, bringing together new works by a selection of London’s most exciting emerging artists. The exhibition explores reality in an expanded sense, drawing on dreams, subconscious experience, and myths. The artists separately create surreal depictions of space, unusual...
Q & A, hosted by Hector Campbell4 Feb 2022Q&A with the Artists Friday 4th February, 6:30pm Please join us for a Q&A with SHOLTO BLISSETT, LYDIA MAKIN, ALFIE ROUY, ANNA WOODWARD & SALOMÉ...
PRIVATE VIEW: THE REALITY IN WHYTCH YOU CREATE14 Jan 2022Please join us between 3 and 7pm on the 14th of January to celebrate STUDIO WEST's inaugural group show, The Reality in Whytch You Create...